Friday, March 9, 2012

Software Skills





 1. Reflect on the software skills we learned and the projects you created. Was it beneficial to take the time to learn these skills? Which do you think will be the most helpful for you? How do you think they will help you as a teacher? Be specific

      These past few classes have been very informative for me with all the information and practice available to learn new software skills, and incorporate the new skills into the projects.  For the past few classes, I have learned how to use Inspiration and the SmartBoard.  Inspiration is a phenomenal program when making diagrams.  I never heard about Inspiration before this class, and it is not very hard to use.   It was also fun learning more about Word, and how to create flyers and quizzes.  Although I knew about the templates on my Pages on the MAC, I was more confident using the templates and making them my own.  
     The Smart Board is absolutely my favorite in class tool that I hope to have for my future classroom! At first, it was intimidating to look at all the tools provided and how to incorporate interaction.  When I completed my lesson, I enjoyed being interactive myself, and using my hand as a tool to move objects around, and have the students come up to the board and interact alone with me.  Therefore, I truly believe the SmartBoard will be the most beneficial for me in the classroom.  
    Having this technology will enable to be a more interactive and outgoing teacher.  I think the students will appreciate me having a ton of variety within in my lessons so they can walk in the classroom to knowing what to expect.  Although most students enjoy art. art teachers don't use a lot of technology or online resources, and I want to be different within the classroom.


No comments:

Post a Comment